DVRPC Regional Student Forum on
Monday, November 22, 2010
EarthCorps offers a 6-month service learning program in Seattle, Washington, USA that brings together emerging environmental leaders to learn the fundamentals of:
* Environmental Service
* Community Building
EARTHCORPS CHARGES NO TUITION OR FEES for its services and in fact supplies insurance, individual homestay families, food, gear and a monthly stipend to all international participants. EarthCorps provides additional support in acquiring US J-1 Trainee visas.
EarthCorps has established the following minimum criteria to be considered for the program:
* 18-25 years of age
* Conversational English
* No Criminal Record
BEFORE YOU NOMINATE please note that EarthCorps is required by the US government to ensure that every applicant meets strict criteria in order to qualify for a US J-1 Trainee visa. Before you nominate please make sure your candidates meet the following minimum criteria:
* 4 year college degree in the environmental field and 1 year of relevant work experience*
* 5 years of work experience in the environmental field*
* These criteria are only for meeting US government regulations regarding the J-1 Trainee visa. US American team members may have less experience than this when entering the program.
DEADLINES AND START DATES:
* Applicant Application Dead Line: November 30, 2010
* Participant selection: December 2010
* Visa processing: January - May 2011
* Travel confirmation: May 2011
* EarthCorps Program starting date: June 6, 2011
* EarthCorps Program graduation: December 15, 2011
Candidates should be referred to EarthCorps by an environmental organization (i.e. NGO, community group, university or student club). Materials are available online at:http://www.earthcorps.org/join_international.php.Separate application materials for the candidate will be sent after confirmation of their nomination.
EarthCorps 2011 international applications are due this November 30, 2010.