Center City District: Planning and Public Spaces Department
The Center City District (CC), an internationally-recognized special service district in Center City Philadelphia with an $18 million annual budget, seeks an enthusiastic and highly-motivated intern to assist with variety of projects focused on the management and maintenance of public space amenities in downtown Philadelphia.
For information about the CCD, visit www.CenterCityPhila.org.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This position will work under the direction of both the CCD’s manager of research & analysis
and its project manager. Duties include:
• Conduct surveys of CCD-owned public space amenities such as:
- Walk!Philadelphia pedestrian signage
- Ride!Philadelphia transit user signage
- Benjamin Franklin Parkway signage
- Bus shelter posters
• Help research and fact check details for the CCD’s annual State of Center City report
• Additional tasks as may be assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Advanced undergraduate and graduate students in urban planning, landscape architecture,
geography, or related fields are encouraged to apply.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Computer skills necessary; candidate should be comfortable using the following programs:
Microsoft Suite, Adobe Suite, ArcView GIS
• Ability to solve practical problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
• Well organized, reliable, works well with others as well as independently
• This position requires weekly surveying out-of-doors.
ESTIMATED TIME COMMITMENT:
• 2 - 5 days per week. This is an unpaid internship.
Send resume and cover letter by January 9th to (email is acceptable):
David Kanthor, AICP
Center City District
660 Chestnut St.
Philadelphia, PA 19106