Status: Temporary (April 23 – September 7, 2012)
Organization: GVF and Valley Forge National Historical Park
Worksite: Valley Forge National Historical Park
Application Packages Accepted Until: Friday, April 6, 2012
Organization/Project Summary: GVF, a transportation management association, is a not-for-profit membership organization that works to enhance mobility and safety through the reduction of congestion and pollution. GVF helps to promote the area's orderly growth, sustain its quality of life and ensure its continued economic vitality. Valley Forge National Historical Park was the site of the 1777-78 winter encampment of the Continental Army. The park commemorates the sacrifices and perseverance of the Revolutionary War generation and honors the ability of citizens to pull together and overcome adversity during extraordinary times.
The shuttle manager will spearhead the marketing, implementation and daily tasks of overseeing The Revolutionary Shuttle, a free shuttle service for visitors of Valley Forge National Historical Park. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: managing ridership, surveying riders, ensuring timely pickups, working with shuttle operator and continuous marketing of the service. The applicant will also assist with other tasks for GVF and Valley Forge Park as needed.
- Develop and implement shuttle route specifics
- Create all necessary documents: ridership forms, shuttle brochures, shuttle stop, signage, rider surveys, etc.
- Work with vendors to assure on time delivery of signage and brochures
- Manage and deliver driver training session
- Communicate with stakeholders, partners and staff from: Washington Memorial Chapel, Park Rangers, Valley Forge Convention & Visitors Bureau, Cabin Shop, the Canteen Snack Shop, Valley Forge Bikes, The Encampment Store, and Park volunteers
- Provide ridership data and updates to GVF and NPS staff members
- Meet with shuttle drivers daily during the business week; weekends/holidays as necessary
- Remain in an “on-call” capacity during shuttle service hours
- Assist GVF and the park with additional tasks and projects as requested
- Bachelors Degree is preferred. A combination of related education and experience may be considered.
- Experience in graphic design, transit planning, marketing, GIS or management a plus
- Strong written, verbal and management communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with an ability to work in a high activity environment and multitask
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to learn area highway and public transit network and relative locations of
area communities, especially in the Valley Forge and King of Prussia region
- Ability to work well with others, and work with minimal direct supervision
To learn more about GVF, visit www.gvftma.com.
To learn more about Valley Forge National Historical Park, visit www.nps.gov/vafo.
GVF Transportation and Valley Forge National Historical Park are Equal Opportunity Employers.