Cross County Connection Transportation Management Association (TMA) is a nonprofit organization providing transportation demand management (TDM) programs to the general public, local governments and businesses in the southern NJ counties of Atlantic, Burlington, Camden, Cape May, Cumberland, Gloucester and Salem. Cross County Connection encourages the use of commute alternatives to reduce traffic congestion and improve air quality through educational outreach efforts and providing transportation planning expertise to businesses and local governments. To learn more about Cross County Connection visit www.driveless.com.
The Research Assistant will provide research and data collection support to technical staff and report directly to the Program Director. The successful candidate will assist with a variety of projects; some of which are ongoing and some are short term. Cross County Connection's clients include individuals, municipal and county governments, state agencies and employers. Technical projects encompass urban, suburban and rural areas.
The primary responsibility of the Research Assistant is to provide support to technical transportation planning and TDM projects by assisting with research and outreach efforts to obtain the necessary data and produce documents as needed. Field work and attendance at meetings will be required. The Research Assistant will assist technical staff with the following project areas, and other duties as assigned.
· Data collection--update bicycle facility inventories at the municipal level by conducting field work with GPS equipment (GPS training will be provided).
· Interviewing municipal and county planning/engineering staff to obtain bicycle facility information and data.
· Prepare project memos and reports related to data collection for inclusion in Bicycle Facilities Master Plan and county inventories.
Transit/Shuttle Route Planning Activities
· Assist with data collection for planning of new shuttle routes or revising existing routes
· Assist with ridership surveys
· Assist with outreach to employers/businesses along shuttle routes
TDM Outreach Activities
· Assist with dissemination of Traffic/BurLink alerts by monitoring NJ511 and RIMIS websites.
· Track and disseminate road construction projects information.
· Website News--maintain current "highlights" section of driveless.com website.
· Assist with rideshare inquiries from general public including requests for carpool and public transit information.
· Attend off site transportation-related events
Municipal Sustainability Efforts
· Perform outreach efforts, research, and provide support to local governments, businesses, and community groups seeking to reduce their impact on the environment.
· Provide technical assistance to municipalities seeking certification under NJ's Sustainable Jersey program.
Candidates should have a degree in Urban and Regional Planning or related field, including an interest and emphasis on land use and transportation planning, and one to two years of related professional experience. This position requires excellent skills in research, writing, data analysis, organization, problem solving and public speaking. Candidates should enjoy working on multiple projects and work well in a team environment as well as possess the ability to work independently. Candidates should also possess excellent organizational skills and the ability to operate and maintain databases. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required.
All work will be performed in Cross County Connection’s Marlton, NJ office during the hours of 8:30 am to 5:00 pm; Monday through Friday. Field work and attendance at meetings is required, therefore a valid driver’s license and vehicle is needed.
Salary based on qualifications. Benefits include paid health insurance, paid vacation/sick leave, paid holidays, retirement plan and paid life and disability insurance.
To apply, send cover letter and resume to (e-mail preferred):
Ronda R. Urkowitz, P.P., AICP
Cross County Connection
4A Eves Drive
Marlton, NJ 08053