Inspire * Transform * Build * Sustain
The Pennsylvania Horticultural Society has been a visionary not-for-profit organization in the Greater Philadelphia Region since its founding in 1827. PHS organizes the annual Philadelphia International Flower Show, the world’s largest and longest-running indoor flower show, which brings 270,000 visitors and creates a $61 million economic impact to the city. PHS helps transform lives through revolutionary programs like City Harvest, which has grown and donated 180,000 lbs of fresh produce in six years---helping to feed 1,000 families each week of the growing season. PHS is also lead partner on Plant One Million, an ambitious program to plant one million trees in Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Delaware.
Mission: The Pennsylvania Horticultural Society motivates people to improve the quality of life and create a sense of community through horticulture.
The Pennsylvania Horticultural Society (PHS) seeks a part-time intern to work closely with Public Relations and Marketing staff to implement the promotion of the 2013 Flower Show, “Brilliant!” This internship runs from December 2012 through May 2013. The intern must be available 12-15 hours a week and available full time during Flower Show’s set up week Feb. 25-March 1, 2012, and also full time for the Flower Show, March 2-10, 2013. This is an unpaid internship. A travel stipend is available.
- Coordinate city-wide window decorating contest and publicity
- Expand coverage of Flower Show award winners and marketplace vendors
- Develop niche media lists and update database
- Coordinate volunteers for media tent
- Write and proofread web and blog copy
- Assist with social media efforts
- Assist with post-show special wrap-up projects
- Assist PR and Marketing teams as needed
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Must be a public relations, communications, or marketing student
· Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Digital Photography, Wordpress, Facebook and Twitter
· Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Must have the ability to prioritize
· Must have general knowledge of the Philadelphia area
· Must have provide you own transportation to PHS and to the Philadelphia Convention Center
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT:
November 9, 2012
Please send a letter, resume, and writing samples to:
Stephanie Policastro, Communications Specialist
The Pennsylvania Horticultural Society
100 N 20th Street, 5th floor
Philadelphia, PA 19103
FAX: (215) 988-8810
Please no telephone or walk-in inquires. EOE. Only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.